by Maria Biquet (Greece)
This survey was implemented with the support of EMCC Global and published in January 2015 (https://www.emccbooks.org/product/research-ethical-dilemmas-in-coaching-today)
There is a lot of documentation about dilemmas in coaching. Dilemmas could be ethical or professional; they are the proof that we can still question the world around us, our work and capabilities, and our own thinking. The ways in which we address them can be the basis of our evolution as professionals, citizens, and human beings.
Some of the key findings of the survey:
- 87% are over 45 years old
- 3% men and 64.9% women
- 71% of participants have a Masters or PhD
- Never had a dilemma in their coaching practice (7.3%)
- Had a dilemma in the last month (28%)
- Had a dilemma in the last six months (31.5%)
- 72% had 1-4 dilemmas in the last 12 months (72%)
The participants were asked to choose up to three of their most recent dilemmas:
- ‘Managing own weaknesses’ (39.6%)
- ‘Conflicting interests between sponsor and coachee’ (33.2%)
- ‘Working with a client who diverts from the goals that have been agreed with their sponsoring organisation’ (30%)
- Confidentiality issues in the organisational environment’ (26.8%)
- ‘Managing boundaries of the coaching profession’ (25.9%)
- ‘Managing relations in an organisation’ (24.7%)
About Maria Biquet
Business Consultant | Executive Coach, Neurocoaching Expert
Author | Coaching Supervisor & Trainer
www.mariabiquet.com | e: firstname.lastname@example.org | t: +30 6944 889526
Maria Biquet is an experienced Business Consultant and Executive Coach with vast experience from diverse business fields. She has worked with senior executives from different countries in the private sector, the public sector and international NGO’s. In the last 25 years she has worked for multinational companies in strategic marketing positions and led start – up projects for setting up new companies. She brings knowledge of diverse business sectors such as Telecommunications, Automotive, Retail Financing, Insurance, Banking and Consulting.
Maria holds an MBA-International Marketing from Sunderland University – UK, a BA in Literature and Linguistics from the University of Athens – GR and a Diploma in Coaching from the Coaching Institute – UK, and has an advanced certification as neuro-coach by NeuroBusinessGroup in the USA and a Certified Master Coach by the CAC (Centre for Advanced Coaching) in the USA.
EMCC Accredited Senior Practitioner Coach, VP Marketing Communications of HCA/EMCC Greece since Jan 2018 and Senior Researcher on Ethics in EMCC (European Mentoring & Coaching Council) since 2018. Author in ‘The Good Coach’ Professional Coaching blog since 2017.