by Ruby McGuire (UK)
When I first started my coaching business, I knew I needed to get myself and my business noticed. I was not overly familiar with online resources at that time, other than doing a simple Facebook post to promote something. I knew I needed to build my coaching skills, and get clients if I wanted to grow my business.
I created what I call Cappuccino Coaching Sessions, a group coaching programme, covering 18 different topic areas, such as money, procrastination, worry, values and more.
In this article, I am going to share the following with you:
- Why group coaching is a great tool to consider adding to your business, for an additional revenue
- The number one key thing you HAVE to know, and some other very important things to consider/learn
- A three-part strategy for overcoming your mindset monkeys
WHY GROUP COACHING
Here are a few reasons:
It improves your coaching skills
- You can try out new things and tell what works and what doesn’t.
It helps to grow your reputation in the local area & pick up new business
- People need to know, like, and trust you. What better way than to help them learn something about themselves, to create change in their lives, and move forward?
It gives you the chance to introduce people to coaching when they don’t really have a clue
- How many times have you tried to explain what coaching is to people and they just do not get it? Let them experience it.
Source: iCN Issue 30 (Group & Team Coaching); pages 34-37
About Ruby McGuire
Ruby is a Business Mastery and Mindset Queen. She helps her clients to step up as Queens (aka CEO’s) of their business, by developing their leadership skills, mindset, and visibility.
She worked for 11 years in HR, ran her own HR consultancy business, and has run her own coaching practice for 7 years. She’s an IAPCM accredited senior coach, trainer, speaker, and author who has extensive business knowledge and is trained in NLP, EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) and EDT (Emotional Dowsing Technique).
She loves to write and has co-authored two books, her latest with the IAPC&M – How To Win & Keep Clients. She’s also written Ruby’s Little Book of Visibility Tips and is currently in the process of writing two more books. When she’s not working, you’ll find her out and about enjoying Scotland where she now lives, or at home with her husband, little dog, and chickens, surrounded by lots of books and a cappuccino in her hand.