By Laureen Quick (USA)
For most people in business, sales is a word fraught with emotional contradictions. We love it when we close a sale and we hate it when we have to “do” sales. And yet sales is simply an interactive process that involves seven key steps and a set of skills that can be learned.
The selling process involves:
- Developing leads and referrals
- Making ongoing connections
- Identifying and articulating problems based on client needs
- Presenting and offering solutions
- Closing the sale
- Fulfilling orders
- Soliciting client or customer feedback
At a very basic level, sales require three foundational skills:
- Resiliency—the ability to bounce back from rejection.
- Relationship—the ability to quickly establish and maintain a personal connection with others.
- Reframing—the ability to reframe isolated and/or short-term problems into strategic issues that require comprehensive solutions.
About Laureen Quick
Laureen Quick is a Business Coach & Consultant for The Transformational Journey operating out of Boise, Idaho. In this role, Laureen works with small business owners to transform themselves, their lives and their businesses.
As a Coach, Laureen guides her clients through the process of personal transformation using the metaphor of the Hero’s Journey as a road map. She believes that life is a series of transformations and that the process of transformation can be a joyful experience. As a Business Consultant, Laureen works with small business owners to transform their businesses through branding, engagement marketing and the leadership fundamentals of running a business (i.e. strategy, financial management, business development, etc). She is committed to helping her clients build a successful and profitable business that can become a legacy to their families for generations to come.