By Gauri Tomar (India)
Everyone’s experience with career transition is unique, the perspectives, tools, and support from career coaching contributes to a smoother transition and positive results. A coaching program is designed specifically to meet such situations beginning with self-discovery; helping you find new perspectives, push beyond blocks and blind spots to achieve your goals. These blocks can be emotional, physical, intellectual and spiritual.
A career transition does not necessarily mean leaving the company—promotions are a career transition as well. And it’s very normal to feel a mix of excitement and anxiety when promoted. Whether the promotion is within the same organisation or within a new company, feeling quite isolated as you make your way into the new role can be real. You may be thinking:
- Can I really do this job? What if I fail—then what do I do?
- How do I ensure that I don’t make any mistakes?
- How do I connect with my team?
- What if I do not have all the knowledge, skills and abilities I need to actually do this job?
- Who do I go to for support or help without looking inept or incompetent?